*Dahmer vs. Gacy (2010) /Falling Down (2010)/Kendall (2009) /The Sphere of the Lycanthrope (2009) /Commute (2009) /Taxi Man (2008) /Grappling with your Demons (2008) /Terminal (2006/II) /”Beverly Hills, 90210″ …. Student (6 episodes, 1990-1991)/”21 Jump Street” …. Officer Watts (12 episodes, 1987)/”Family Ties” …. Ted (2 episodes, 1984-1985)/”Land of the Lost” …. Sleestak Kid (5 episodes, 1976) /”The Streets of San Francisco” (2 episodes,1976)
1) So,Marc,You were like a ‘Child Star’ in the ’70’s ?
I wouldn’t say child star. My parents exposed me to anything and everything as a baby and a toddler. I took to the camera and loved the attention and they kept taking me to auditions.
2) You had continuing roles on major shows,Any behind the scenes we should know ? Nothing that I can comment on.
2a) The LAND OF THE LOST experience,Notes on “New” Movie ? I was thrilled with how so closely the new film stayed to the true character of the Sleestak.
2b) BEVERLY HILLS 90210,Remake opinion ? That’s a part of my past that will never happen again.
2c) 21 JUMPSTREET,Johnny Depp insights ? Other then James Dean, there is no other actor alive that I appreciate and respect more the Johnny Depp. Even when he was “the face that launched a network” he was always rebelling against the commercial aspect of this business. He had to constantly fight to keep his charcter from being more then just the pretty boy. It’s been a pleasure watching his career and his choices. He is our generations Brando & Dean.
3) Now you’re in the MOVIES…Ever wanna write or direct ? Actually, I have done both. I wrote and co-directed the feature films COMMUTE and TERMINAL (produced them as well, http://www.thecommuteison.com and http://www.terminal2006,com )
I also had my hand in co-writing Falling Down with Ford Austin. I love writing. I love taking my own experiences and then taking that creative liberty and license and let my imagination run wild. I like to be involved in every aspect of filmmaking.
4) BEST of “The WASS” On/Off Set ? On set THE WASS is always prepared, respectful and ready to have a good time. The Wass likes his cast and crew to be comfortable and enjoy the work that’s getting done. The Wass is very easy to work with and takes direction well. Off set: The Wass is the best friend you could ever ask for. In a pinch he is there. He is a loving and doting husband and father, and no matter what’s going on that day, he brings his lovely, pregnant wife baskin robbins every night.
5) WORST of ” The WASS” On/Off set ? On set: if you are not prepared and cause delays, The Wass will replace you in a heartbeat. (Fortuantely this only happened one time) Other then that, The Wass is so grateful and happy whenever he is able to be on set, its very hard to bring out the worst. Off Set: The Wass has very little patience and sometimes likes to indulge in fine Vodka.
6) This is what we said about you in GRAPPLING WITH DEMONS:”
Some good acting especially from Marc, One hopes he is not like this out of character. The ladies had a tough job and The wife got out just in time, Hookers not so much.”
Looking back and maybe commenting on ‘new’ FALLING DOWN,Did you get HURT on set or have any bad reactions after filming ? Thank you, first of all, for the great review. Preparing for Falling Down which takes the Grappling Character and gives him a soul, was an amazing journey. I did suffer a few injuries while filming the fight and rape scenes, but it’s well worht it. I’m glad I did all of my own stunts. The only bad reaction I had was my wife and son having to live with this character while I prepared. I spent nearly one year gaining weight, growing hair and exploring the darkest depths of a mans soul. Some days I would wake up, look in the mirror and not recognize myself.
7) DAHMER Vs. GACY,What ‘If’ This becomes your biggest credit ever ? I would not be surprised. The chance to work with Ford Austin again wa a pure blessing. This film is going to blow people away!
8) One Sentence Descriptions- TOM SIZEMORE , a generous and kind soul who will return to win an Academy Award/FORD AUSTIN ,A genius filmmaker who can make magic with a camera./RANDAL MALONE, When it comes to blood, guts and horror, Malone is THE MAN!!!!!/JED ROWEN, The complete professional, comes in, all business, gets the job done right then loves to party/ATHENA DEMOS,An amazing actress not afraid to take risks.
9) You make the cover of alot of DVDs, Good or Bad ? I say good. I’d like people to recoginze my work. My characters are different and my look continually changes.
10) Final shot…Last Words,Etc.. ??? I grew up wanting to make films and knowing the odds. I feel extremely lucky to be able to make films. While I wish, someday, I will be doing it full time and I can stop practicing law, I realize how fortunate I am to be living out my dream.