HORROR GRINDSHOW DOUBLE FEATURE (w/Jackson Bostwick), TIKI(Released by Fred Olen Ray) and THE SNAKE-MAN (un-released)
1) Why is Spokane so popular for films recently ?
I think because it’s a small town in the middle of nowhere that looks bigger than it is. So its easy to control crowds and do “downtown” shots without a lot of interference.
2) Ever gonna write or direct ?
Yes on both counts I hope. I have a few projects I’d like to work on in the future and I hope they work out but its not high on my “to-do-list”.
3) Will ” MAN WITHOUT A SADDLE ” Put you on ‘Netflix’ radar que and Be Thee comeback of RON FORD ?
I don’t know but I hope its received well. I take each project as it comes and hope for the best.
4) One Sentence Descriptions-
Fred Olen Ray: I only talked ito him once and he seemed like a real stand-up guy.
Ron Ford: Good friend, real creative fellow and well organized.
Jackson Bostwick : nice guy, doesn’t like blood on his shirt.
5) Wanna explain HORROR GRINDSHOW DOUBLE FEATURE,Your character stole the movie !
For me it was a lot of fun because of the lack of pressure of having no budget. All the effects were done on the fly with what I had on hand in my F/X box. Plus it was good to work with someone else, Shawn Shay, who’s really talented in his own right. As far as acting goes, I appreciate the compliment. It was my first time acting with any signifigance. I was a little bit apprehensive. The feedback I’ve gotten, though, has been positive so I feel really good about it.
6) MAN WITHOUT A SADDLE is using ‘Kickstarter.com’ and your make-up skills to achieve success, Opinions ???
Initially we were going to do the full on werewolf make-up full transformation (foam latex, air bladders, etc.) but we decided it would be better to pull back on the make-up and stick with the character performances and story.
7) We saw THE SNAKE-MAN,So what did the MITCH bring away from this missed opportunity of a monster film ?
That no matter how much planning and preperation you’ve made things can change ten seconds before you’re about to do it and you have to re-think everything RIGHT NOW. And micro-budget means “micro-time” frame.
8) BEST of TINER On/Off a movie set ?
On screen, specifically my favorite make-up/effect would be from Snake-Man when he’s coming down the stairs I had time to do the make-up properly and it just looked really cool. My best off-screen would have to be the first CD from my band Stupor Mundi. http://www.myspace.com/orderofthestupormundi
9) WORST of TINER On/Off a movie set ?
Everything I do, I do my best under the given circumstances.
10) You could be Shot On Video’s MAN OF 1000 Makeup Appliances for 2012 ? Speak on that ?
I’ve never heard of that but there’s no such thing as bad publicity.