1) Acting or Writing ? Definitely writing. Acting was just something I did to have some fun at first. I was working as a Key Grip on a horrible film called Shower of Blood (that I ended up re-writing on set) and, as per usual, I was being a complete ass hat. The sound guy said I was funny and would be perfect for a part in a film called Roleplay. He got me the job and, boom, that’s how it started. 60 some odd films later and I don’t know what happened. People just started paying me to look like a fool so I did.
2) Are you comfortable in your skin,Ya Weirdo ? Yessir. Very. I, truly, don’t care what people think about the physical me. I sort of care what people think about the work I produce (well, some of it) but most of the time, I’m happy being me. I gave up shame for lent in early 2000s. Back Woods is a testament to that. I believe that so much that, just because, Back Woods 2: Mama’s Beefbilly Jamboree will be unleashed upon all you fools soon enough. Bwahahahaha!
3) You are kind of a legend/Icon in Micro-Budget,Has this come with or without pain ? A great deal of pain. I kid. I wouldn’t even come close to the legend status. You know us folks in the micro-budget world, we bestow legendary statuses on ourselves… no one else can do it! Naw, I’m just a guy that likes to have fun and tell goofy stories. Sick, disgusting and literary goofy stories.
4) Next book is ‘American Guignol’,Will it shock & awe your readers ? Hell yes! Guignol is a short story collection (available from Blood Bound Books www.bloodboundbooks.net in 2013) featuring some of the most depraved work I’ve ever done. We’ve got bed bugs used as a love aid, colon conceptions, inbred swamp vigilantes and more! One of the blurbs we have for the cover is from Cooper Nelson, the author of Blume, he said, “It’s like a Shakespearean 2 girls 1 Cup.” I love that quote.
5) One Sentence Descriptions- Darrin Ramage_Unbelievably dedicated to the horror genre and will not say die._,Scarlet Fry__Works very hard at what he does._,Ron Jeremy__Lonely guy and very underrated actor._.
6) Tell us about the music videos ? I’ve been lucky enough to do a few, actually. They are fun and you get to meet some cool people. The biggest one is probably The Middle by Jimmy Eat World. That was a good time. The ‘pretty people’ in the cast thought I was security until I rolled out in my tightie whities. I did Voices of the Dead from Calabrese, directed by Brian Pulido, which was a lot of fun as well.
7) Is DEADLY SCAVENGERS, Your most notoriously bad film ? Not by a long shot. No one has ever heard of Return to Yucca Flats: Desert Man Beast, right? Its out there and it is the most VILE thing on the planet. Not because it is gross, it should never have been made. There are some others, too. DS is bad, I’ll give it that, but it also featured Chris Mackey, so you have to add a couple of stars right there.
8) You’ve emulated TOR JOHNSON a few times on film ,This a good thing ? It is a good thing. I love Ed Wood, the films, novels, etc. I even wrote a book called Muddled Mind: The Complete Works of Ed Wood, Jr. Tor was one of Eddie’s regulars. I’m also fascinated with pro wrestling (actually performed a few times as Joe Broni) and Tor was a Swedish wrestling champ! I played Tor, as Lobo, in Devil Girls and The Vampire’s Tomb. I think only Devil Girls is out right now. I also played Tor as Inspector Clay from Plan 9 in the Calabrese music video. Great times!
9) Filmed anywhere besides ARIZONA ? Hell yeah! All over Illinois, Michigan, Indiana, California (great time near Big Bear for Bloody Bloody Bible Camp), Nevada, Mexico… still some places to see but that’s it so far.
10) Final comments towards your fans ? Yes. Mom, I promise I’ll take the garbage out when I get home tonight.